The aim of this blog is to serve as a meeting point to those who study or have studied English philology and, more broadly, to all those who love literature and language.

22 Jun 2009

THE SECRET GARDEN

Today I came across this post in one of the blogs I follow, showing a slide presentation of the process and some productions in a sequence of class activities on the narrative aspects of The Secret Garden, a film based on the homonymous novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett

I’ve never read the original work but I still have an abridged version of this story in a book for children I bought in England many years ago. I liked the story regardless a certain sentimentality characteristic of the Victorian period because of its positive and encouraging message, with Nature, friendship and perseverance as healing factors of both body and mind.

The novel has been transferred to the cinema screen on several occasions. This is a trailer for the 1993 adaptation directed by Agnieszka Holland.

No comments:

Post a Comment